Sunday, March 23, 2008

Side Effects of Tattoo Removal


The year was 1997 and I was smitten. I was 19 years old and Trisha had my heart, or so I thought. Trisha was a dish who in the innocence of my youth I solemnly believed was my soul mate and possible partner for life. My pubescent years were dotted with irrationality and spontaneity. Encouraged into daring and to prove my undying love, I got me a tattoo on my chest. A dainty rose with the name Trisha underlying. As with most virgin love, Trisha and I never became. I still kept the tattoo nevertheless. But out of respect for the new special person in my life it had to go.

Getting a tattoo is comparatively easy, compared to tattoo removal. There are several procedures available for tattoo removal available currently on the market. The three main methods available are Laser, Fade Away and Surgical removals. All these three methods have side effects.

Laser tattoo removal employs the use of highly concentrated light pulses that break the ink into tiny fragments, which are then disposed by your body. It is done by several treatments. It costs from $250 to several thousands of dollars. Major side effects of this procedure besides financial setback, include pain, lack of complete pigment removal and damage to your skin causing blisters which are susceptible to infection and can lead to scarring. Although experts contend that the technology is advanced to the point where scarring is minimal, that is dependent on the situation.

Fade away tattoo removal employs the use creams and rubs used in combination that cause a reaction that breaks down the components of the ink, which are then disposed by the body. This tattoo removal procedure is the cheapest and the least painful of all procedures. A two month supply of most creams and rubs available in the market range from $125 to $200. Side effects include hyper-pigmentation (a darkening of the skin, treatable in most cases with current bleaching techniques) or hypo-pigmentation (a lightening of the skin, more difficult to treat), which is discoloration of the skin around the area of the tattoo. This procedure is not recommended for people with sensitive skin.

Surgical tattoo removal employs the use of surgery to rid the body area off the ink used. It does not guarantee complete removal. It is only used today in extreme cases where laser tattoo removal is not an option. This procedure is dependent on the surgeon’s fees. This tattoo removal method has the most side effects. Side effects include pain, scarring and risk of infection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By using Profade, you can make tattoos disappear regardless of the color, ink used, quantity, age of the tattoo or the depth of your skin. Get all this without having to meet in a clinic, but from the comfort of your home.Results are 100% guaranteed.
No pain involved.http://www.profade.com/